Planned Opening Phase 1: June 1st, 2020
Phase 1 Rules:
– If you or any members of your household have any symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you follow all public health guidelines of self quarantining for 14 days, and that you do not enter the Nelson and District Riding Club (NDRC) grounds during the quarantine period.
– The NDRC Grounds are open to members only during this time. No drop-ins are permitted (consider purchasing a membership).
– Social distancing is mandatory to both mounted riders and individuals using the grounds. Stay 2 meters apart.
– Maximum 4 people in the main arena. Maximum 2 people in the dressage/warm-up arena.
– No camping/overnight use.
– No stall use in order to limit contamination of cleanup, wheel barrow and manure picks.
– The outhouses and concession are closed.
– Tie horses to your own trailer only, no hitching posts.
– Bring your own hand sanitizer. Due to us not having anyone able to monitor or refill, we can not guarantee hand sanitizer will be available.
– Members are encouraged to bring their own PPE (gloves and mask).
There will be no sign-in sheet during this time. Rules will be posted at the main entrance, and the welcome kiosk between the dressage and main arena. All event GUA’s are still currently cancelled. If you would like to teach lessons please submit a GUA with proof of insurance and it will be reviewed by the directors – all social distancing measures must be abided by.